Presentation of Space Design departement
A multi-faceted training open to what the world is becoming
- L2 and L3 preparation for Bachelor Diploma (DNA): general training in design project, conception and creation at all levels
- M1 and M2 preparation for Masters Diploma (DNSEP): on a topic freely chosen by the student with emphasis on the challenges posed by the world today: ecological transition (ecodesign, biodiversity, attentive to the living), inclusivity (democratic and participative, intergenerational solidarity, gender rights)
Design option in a national school for higher education in art
- Teaching that encourages personal commitment and mutual aid
- Material and human resources of a national school at the service of student projects: small student numbers, international exchanges, audiovisual technology, photography, video, performance and sound art lessons
- A poetic project nourrished by the creative atmosphere of an art school, a significant approach to space, the pleasure of experimentation
- Professional-led training: meetings with professionals, internships, professionalisation classes, partner projects, competitions
- Urban Mutations (MUUR): a Research and Creation workshop (ARC) and research programme: partnerships, workshops, talks, conferences, publications etc.
A training rooted in the real world
- A framework ensured by professionals in design, architecture, scenography, landscape
- Attention paid to current issues: ecodesign, social design, participative projects, tactical urbanism
- Projects in situ in collaboration with actors on the ground: Voies Navigables de France, Greater Dijon, Latitude21, Dijon Opera, Burgundy Theatre, and associations
- Closer international links: student and teacher mobility, cross-workshops, talks and international artist residences
- Speakers, presenters, workshops, visits to exhibitions linked with the themes addressed over the year.
2nd and 3rd year: general training devoted to projectwork
- Project methodology and representation of space (drawing by hand and with 3D software, models and experimentation in volume at different scales
- Continual experimentation using different technologies, materials, processes, theories
- Develop a themed personal project: take part, conceive, represent, complete the project
- Awareness of materials, experimentation and development
- Design at every scale: from object to landscape by way of microarchitecture, public space, interior space, the city, scenography (exhibit, theatre)
- Teaching in design history and theory: from 19th century to today’s issues (ecology and biodiversity, gender and inclusion, digital and participatory)
- Professional immersion: internship lasting 15-30 days.
4th and 5th year: pedagogy centred on the student project
- Personalised support leading to the DNSEP (research thesis and personal project)
- 3-6 months of international mobility and/or professional internship in the 4th year in France or abroad
- Students choose and develop a project on a subject rooted in the contemporary world. In general, the subject should focus on environmental, political and social challenges faced by cities in the 21st century.